Let us know what you think.
2 cups cooked black beans
1 can coconut milk
6 cups veggie or chicken broth
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp crushed dried shishito chili peppers
1 tsp ground ginger root
1 tsp cumin
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
extra virgin olive oil
a handful of chopped cilantro (save some for garnish)
1 large sweet potato
salt to taste
chopped peanuts for garnish (optional)
- In a soup or stock pot, on medium heat, cook down onions and garlic with a bit of olive oil.
- Add curry powder, ginger, cumin, and peppers and cook an additional few minutes
- Add beans and sweet potato, cook several minuets
- Add veggie stock, coconut milk, cilantro, and salt
- Blend with an immersion blender, the soup will become light and creamy quickly
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for five minutes.
- Add a bit more salt to taste, if necessary.
- Garnish and serve