- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon butter (use vegan butter if needed)
- 1 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- In a saucepan combine orange juice, brown sugar, butter, orange peel, and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered until mixture is reduced by about half (approx 15 min)
- While reducing, place peas in steamer basket in a saucepan over inch of water; bring to a boil.
- Cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Add orange juice mixture and mint; toss to coat.